Our focus is on placing students into Waldorf high schools in the U.S. as well as other select private schools that we believe offer similarly values-based and “whole-person” education. Our emphasis is on providing high-quality, personalized service to both students and schools to ensure that they are the best fit for each other. We do not inundate schools with applicants from China. Instead we find them Chinese students who closely match their selection criteria and who we believe are most likely to flourish in that school’s specific academic environment and social milieu.
In line with our mission to help children find their own path in life we recommend they apply only to schools we believe will truly meet their individual educational and social needs. And since we believe that Waldorf education is the best education in the world, our focus is on placing these students into some of the top Waldorf schools in the U.S. However, we understand that Waldorf education may not be everyone’s cup of tea, so we also recommend other specialized private schools that we believe offer a similarly values-based and holistic education.
Chinese Students Love the U.S.A.!
More students from China now study in the U.S.A. than from any other country in the world. During the 2014-15 academic year over 300,000 Chinese students were studying at U.S. colleges and schools, an increase of almost 11% over the previous year. That number is projected to continue to grow as more Chinese families send their teens to the U.S. to complete high school and pursue tertiary education in the country.
As schools become more selective about the international students they admit, students are increasingly looking for schools that best cater to their specific academic, social and extra-curricular needs. Samirand Ventures aims to help both students and schools find the best fit.
Our student placement services include the following:
- Recruitment of students through targeted marketing activities in China
- Testing English language capabilities and social adaptability skills of applicants to ascertain their ability to survive and thrive in the U.S.A.
- Facilitating communications between the schools and the student’s family throughout the academic year
- Supporting students through the college selection process
- Pre-screening of students to assess their suitability for the schools we represent
- Organizing personalized tours to select high schools so students can experience for themselves the education environment of their target schools
- Mentoring students already in the US
Why Waldorf Education?
“What every parent would wish as the best for his or her children, Waldorf Education provides. The fullest development of intelligent, imaginative, self-confident and caring persons is the aim of Waldorf Education. This aim is solidly grounded in a comprehensive view of human development, in an intellectually and culturally rich curriculum, and in the presence of knowledgeable, caring human beings at every stage of the child’s education.”
Douglas Sloan, professor emeritus, Columbia University